Electrical faults and emergencies
If you experience any electricity faults or emergencies, call our 24 hour service line:
CitiPower 13 12 80
Powercor 13 24 12
13 14 50
SMS or email updates
Register to receive SMS or email power outage updates.Register
Saving energy in the bedroom
- Save energy by opening vents in bedrooms only when they are being used.
- Use low watt radiant panel heaters or on a medium setting when the room is in use.
- Ensure all doors to the room are closed to “trap” the heat.
- Drawing the curtains will help to retain heat in the rooms it is needed.
- Double glazing will also help to maintain warmth.
- Any gaps around doors and windows that allow a draught should be sealed.
- Turn your electric blanket off when you get into bed
- Try to do without one altogether – use an extra blanket.
Note: Electric blankets should be inspected for safety at the start of each winter. Contact the manufacturer directly or take it to an electrical appliance repair centre.