Electrical faults and emergencies
If you experience any electricity faults or emergencies, call our 24 hour service line:
CitiPower 13 12 80
Powercor 13 24 12
13 14 50
SMS or email updates
Register to receive SMS or email power outage updates.Register
Saving energy in the laundry
You can make the process of doing your laundry more energy efficient with just a few small adjustments to the way you use your washing machine and clothes dryer.
Consider the following each time you wash:
- Make sure the washing machine is full before you turn it on.
- Wash in cold water only.
- If equipped with an economy cycle, use it.
- Use a faster spin speed to minimise drying time.
If you also use a tumble dryer, some things to think about are:
- Use the “medium” temperature setting rather than the “high” setting.
- Use the clothesline or clothes horse / drying rack.
If you are considering purchasing a new washing machine or tumble dryer:
- Front loading washing machines are more energy and water efficient.
- Choose an appliance with a 5 star energy efficiency rating.
- Choose a washing machine that has an economy cycle.
- Choose a dryer that offers a low temperature setting.