Electrical faults and emergencies
If you experience any electricity faults or emergencies, call our 24 hour service line:
CitiPower 13 12 80
Powercor 13 24 12
SMS or email updates
Register to receive SMS or email power outage updates.Register
Solar and other generation
Apply for solar and battery pre-approvals using our convenient online system eConnect. Learn about your obligations as a small scale generator and see how solar Feed in Tariffs (FiTs) might affect your electricity bill.
If you have chosen a solution and are ready to connect, follow these steps.
Generation up to 5 kW single phase or 30 kW three phase
- Apply for pre-approval via eConnect. (see below for more information on pre-approval)
- Once pre-approval is provided, your Installer or Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) can submit a Solar Connection form.
Generation between 30 kW and 200 kW
- Request a detailed assessment using our application form
- Once we receive your application, we will contact you to guide you through the approval and connection process.
Battery storage systems
- Apply for pre-approval by submitting a battery storage pre-approval form.
- Once pre-approval is provided, your Installer or Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) can submit a Solar Connection form which includes battery storage.
More information is available via the links below.
All generation systems undergo pre-approval before the system is either installed or upgraded.
Information on CitiPower and Powercor charges for solar meter setup and compliance checks.
Current solar tariffs and how they are applied.
Information on the process to connect generation greater than 200 kW in size.
Owners of small embedded generators have obligations under the Victorian Electricity Distribution Code.
Technical information and certification requirements for inverters with export control.